Join Mayor Muriel Bowser, Deputy Mayor Brian Kenner and some of the city's top 100 employers for a conversation on how we are working together to drive economic growth and inclusive prosperity in Washington, D.C.
WHAT IS EE100?
EE100 is a program designed to engage the District's top 100 employers. During 2018, DMPED, in partnership with DOES Business Services Unit, identified the District's largest employers based on their number of employees and revenue size by sector, in addition to the fastest growing employers in the District. The pilot kicked off in fiscal year 2018.
WHY IS EE100 RELEVANT?
These employers have an outsized impact on the District’s economy and employment prospects for DC residents. Better understanding their needs and perspectives positions the District create a better climate for business in the District and identify opportunities to collaborate on shared goals.
WHO WAS INVOLVED?
Universities, hospitals, nonprofit organizations, and companies from the following industries: hospitality and tourism, tech and innovation (included fastest growing), professional services, media and communications, and retail.
HOW DID YOU IDENTIFY THE TOP 100 EMPLOYERS?
- Set Criteria for Employer Engagement Program
a. # of employers
b. revenue size
- Created a list of Top 100 Employers
- Developed standard interview questions
- Developed employer profiles
- Discussed employer needs
- Shared key insights/takeaways with staff leadership
- Followed-up with employers & provide solutions to their needs
HOW CAN EMPLOYERS GET INVOLVED?
Contact Phillip McAuley at DMPED, for more information at [email protected]
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Build long-term relationships with employers and gain insights into their needs
- Better understand the challenges and opportunities affecting private sector growth
- Connect employers with DC government resources
- Establish POC in DC government for employers
- Help to make the business environment friendlier
- Enable networking opportunities amongst DC employers