The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development and other housing agencies are planning a host of events in celebration of June Housing Bloom,” Mayor Muriel Bowser’s annual month-long initiative that showcases how the public and private sectors are partnering to both produce and preserve affordable housing and revitalize neighborhoods across the District.
June Housing Bloom is designed to complement National Homeownership Month, but with a more targeted focus on housing-related initiatives and successes within the District. Events will spotlight efforts to advance five key priorities: (1) producing affordable housing; (2) preserving affordable housing; (3) increasing homeownership; (4) ending homelessness; and (5) finding solutions to vacant and blighted properties. The revitalization of District neighborhoods will also have a spotlight during the month.
Beyond DMPED, agencies that are holding June Housing Bloom events include:
Key events for the month include:
- DHCD Saturday College for landlords, tenants, realtors, on Saturday, June 3.
- The DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is releasing Solicitations for Offers (SFOs) for the development of District-owned properties. The goal is to build projects that promote vibrant, walk-able, mixed-use and mixed-income neighborhoods and combat blight in the District.
- DHCD Community Fair at Greenleaf Recreation Center on Saturday, June 10.
- DC Housing Financing Agency’s (DCHFA’s) DC Open Doors Homebuyers’ Informational Sessions on Wednesday, June 7 and Wednesday, June 21.
- DCHFA’s House Crawl on Saturday, June 17.
- DHCD’s Ninth Annual DC Housing Expo and Home Show, co-hosted by the Greater Washington Urban League, on Saturday, June 24.
- Public hearing on DHCD’s Annual Action Plan on Tuesday, June 27.