Application Period Now Open!
The Great Streets Retail Small Business Grant provides existing and new businesses the opportunity to help transform 13 emerging commercial corridors into thriving and inviting livable, walkable, and shoppable neighborhood centers. This opportunity is geared towards brick-and-mortar businesses located in a Great Streets Corridor.
- Have a business that is located within or along the border of a Great Street corridor
- Be in Good Standing with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), the DC Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), the DC Department of Employment Services (DOES), and the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Have an active Basic Business License
- Evidence of site control
- Possess proof of property and liability insurance
- Understand the scope of the proposed project (including timeline, costs, project management, and potential impact to the business, corridor, and community
- Have financial records readily available
- Must have a project budget and financial projections
How much does the grant award?
Awards will range up to $80,000.
What can the grant money be used for?
Storefront renovations, equipment purchases and technology enhancements to support e-commerce.
Are you located in one of the Great Streets Corridors?
Insert your business address in the interactive mapping tool to verify.
Request for Application (RFA) - Click here to view
- Release Date: January 23, 2023 at 5:00 pm ET
- Application Closes: February 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm ET
- Please click here to start your application on the GrantVantage website.
Join us for an Information Session to learn more about the program and how to apply. Register here.
- Small Business Prospective Applicants: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 4:00PM - 5:00PM ( In-Person; Location: 3200 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20032)
- Small Business Prospective Applicants: Monday, January 30, 2023 – 12:00PM - 1:00PM (Virtual)
- Stakeholders: Friday, February 3, 2023 - 12:00PM - 1:00PM (Virtual)
To see if you are Great Streets Ready, please click here.
For all other questions, email [email protected].