Please see below for information about current and upcoming business support programs from DMPED’s Great Streets Program.
Great Streets Retail Grants
About: The Great Streets Retail Grant provides existing and new businesses the opportunity to help transform 13 emerging commercial corridors into thriving and inviting livable, walkable, and shoppable neighborhood centers. This opportunity is geared towards brick-and-mortar businesses located in a Great Streets Corridor.
- Have a business that is located within or along the border of a Great Street corridor
- Be in Good Standing with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), the DC Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), the DC Department of Employment Services (DOES), and the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Have an active Basic Business License
- Evidence of site control
- Possess proof of property and liability insurance
- Understand the scope of the proposed project (including timeline, costs, project management, and potential impact to the business, corridor, and community
- Have financial records readily available
- Must have a project budget and financial projections
Awards: Awards will range up to $50,000.
|Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)||August 14, 2020|
|Request for Applications (RFA)||August 28 – September 28, 2020|
More details can be found here.
Neighborhood Prosperity Fund (NPF)
About: The Neighborhood Prosperity Fund incentivizes community development, economic growth, and job creation using local funds to provide financing for projects that attract private investment to distressed communities. DMPED will fund projects for non-residential/commercial components of a mixed-use project in targeted census tracts experiencing greater than 10% unemployment. This opportunity is geared towards developers with projects in designated NPF tracts.
Awards: DMPED will award one or more grants for an aggregate total of $3,000,000.00. The minimum application request is $250,000.
|Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)||July 3, 2020|
|Request for Applications (RFA)||July 24 –August 13, 2020|
More details can be found here.
Great Streets Small Business Resiliency Grant
About: The Small Business Resiliency Administration Grant provides businesses the opportunity for model restricting, creating a business continuity plan, related COVID-19 marketing expenses, and specified operational expenses. This opportunity is geared towards brick-and-mortar businesses located in a Great Streets Corridor.
- Must be in a Great Streets Corridor
- Active District of Columbia business license and Certificate of Occupancy
- Have or attain a Clean Hands from the DC Office of Tax and Revenue before grant funding;
- Have been revenue-generating for at least three (3) months prior to the declaration of the COVID-19 Response Emergency Amendment Act of 2020;
- Generate less than $3,000,000 in revenue annually;
- Demonstrate a loss of revenue
- 2018 or 2019 Tax Returns and/or EIN Letter
Awards: Awards will range between $10,000 and $12,000.
Timeline: In the next 30 to 60 days.
For more details to see if you are Great Streets Ready, please click here.