The District is strategically investing $8 million in the Arts and Entertainment Venue Relief Fund to provide financial relief to DC’s arts and entertainment sector, which has suffered significant financial distress during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Arts and Entertainment Venue Relief Fund will provide grants to venues that generate income through ticket sales or nonprofit fundraising that bring audiences to their physical location for events, performances, shows, exhibitions, and concerts, and experienced at least a 30% decrease in revenue during the Public Health Emergency.
What Types of Businesses are Eligible for the Venues Program?
- Event Venues
- Live Music Venues/Concert Halls
- Movie Theaters (movie theaters operated by companies that are publicly traded are not eligible)
- Museums (private institutions)
- Performance Venues
Am I Eligible?
The Arts and Entertainment Venues Relief Fund will be open to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Must be one of the eligible business types below
- Must be physically located in the District
- Must be currently in operation unless mandated otherwise by public health guidance
- Must demonstrate business has site control of the venue
- Must have an active DC Basic Business License and any active applicable ABRA License
- Must be able to demonstrate at least 30% loss of revenue during any consecutive three-month period between March 2020 and July 2021, compared to the same the time period in the year prior.
- For businesses that opened and began generating revenue after January 1, 2020, must be able to demonstrate a 30% decrease in revenue when comparing the worst consecutive three-month period to the best consecutive three-month period
- Only one entity is eligible for each venue
- Venues operated by companies that are publicly traded are not eligible
- Businesses that are permanently closed and have taken steps to cease business operations under DCRA Corporate Divisions and OTR Guidelines are not eligible
- Businesses that receive dedicated District or federal tax revenue are not eligible
- Businesses that received an award from the Entertainment Bridge Grant and have not submitted closeout reports are not eligible
For more information view documents below:
- Arts and Entertainment Venue Relief Fund One Pager
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Eligible Expenses
Arts and Entertainment Venue Relief Fund Info Session Presentation ( see attachments below)
How Do I Apply?
The application opened on November 19, 2021 and will close on December 10, 2021.
For all other inquiries related to the Arts and Entertainment Venue Relief Fund, contact [email protected].