The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) issued a Solicitation for Offers for the redevelopment of Hine Junior High School. This school drew 11 bidders from around the country. After a series of community meetings and developer presentations, the District selected Stanton-EastBanc based on several criteria: vision, past performance, financial capacity and community feedback.
Three years after being awarded the project through a competitive solicitation process, Stanton-Eastbanc, LLC received approval from the DC Zoning Commission to move forward with the redevelopment of the Hine School in 2012. Currently, the site is clear of all previous improvements.
Stanton-Eastbanc along with DMPED held a ceremonial groundbreaking on the Hine School site on July 17, 2015 to celebrate the imminent construction of the mixed use development.
Stanton Development Corporation, EastBanc Inc., Dantes Partners and Esocoff & Associates/Weinstein Studio Architects
• Site Area (GSF): 510,000
• Office Space (GSF): 180,000
• Retail (GSF): 60,000
• Residential Units: 162
• Parking: 327
• Affordable Housing - 46 apartments are being set aside as affordable, including:
12 reserved for households at or below 80 percent of the area median income (AMI)
29 reserved for households at or below 60% AMI
5 reserved for households at or below 30% AMI
• Construction of a new street (“C Street” SE)
• 20% of retail square footage is reserved for local retailers
• ANC community meeting space and office space
• A child development center will be included in the project
• North Parcel will be certified as LEED Silver and South Parcel will be LEED Gold
• Provides new neighborhood-serving retail and restaurants
Surplus and Disposition