A prominent location in the heart of the District puts CityCenterDC close to the region's best cultural destinations, two of the city's busiest Metro stations and the Convention Center. The $850 million mixed-use project has become the unequivocal centerpiece of Downtown DC.
Encompassing 10-acres in the heart of the city, CityCenterDC is a 2.5 million square foot vibrant neighborhood development enlivened with a mix of condominiums, apartments, offices, public spaces, hotel, restaurants and shops. CityCenterDC is a mixed-use, transit and pedestrian oriented neighborhood with great outdoor spaces that provide an engaging place for people to gather and connect. CityCenterDC is a model for responsible, environmentally sensitive multi-use developments. From building techniques and construction materials, to infrastructure, high-performance technologies, and efficiencies, all elements of the master plan positively influence the environment and everyday quality of life. The entire development has received a Gold certification for LEED® Neighborhood Development.
Between 9th and 11th Streets NW, between H Street and New York Avenue and Eye Street, NW
- Hines| Archstone-Smith
- 6,000+ Construction jobs
- 4,000+ Permanent jobs
- 300,000 SF of retail addressing high-end retail leakage
- Total $30 million annual tax revenues
- 458 rental apartment units, including 20% affordability (92 units) at 60%/80% AMI
- 1.5 acres of high-quality public spaces and programming in the Public Park and plaza
Surplus and Disposition
- Revised Old Convention Center Site Exclusive Right Agreement Approval Resolution of 2005
- Revised Old Convention Center Site Disposition Approval Resolution of 2005