The Washington, DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) regularly releases publications providing information about local neighborhoods and the development landscape:
- Neighborhood Profiles: Describes 54 commercial corridors and business districts in DC.
- Development Report: Summary of the major construction and development projects in the city.
- Emerging Corridors: Highlights growing neighborhoods and their new developments.
WDCEP also produces interactive maps to help you find a site for your business:
- Real Estate Search: Full inventory of available commercial space and development projects in the pipeline.
- Retail Opportunities: Highlights various retail opportunities throughout DC ranging from spaces less than 5,000 sq. ft. to over 20,000 sq. ft. The map also features several upcoming large-scale development projects that are prime for new retail opportunities.
- Coworking Spaces: This map highlights the diverse coworking options available in the District, which include over 80 shared workspaces that offer everything from individual offices to shared desks to on-demand room access.
- Potential Grocery Store Sites: Existing and pipeline opportunities for new grocery stores.
Descriptions of DC Incubators, Accelerators, and Co-Working Spaces
Incubators, accelerators and co-working spaces provide start-up firms and small businesses with an entrepreneurial environment, professional network, savvy mentors, and critical resources to develop and grow successful businesses.
The Creative and Open Space Modernization (COSM) Program provides tax rebates of up to $1 million per year for interior renovation and equipment. COSM targets Qualified High Technology Companies (QHTCs) leasing 50,000+ SF of office space.