DC’s Comeback Plan, released January 9, 2023, focuses on retaining and growing DC’s tax base, supporting business vitality, strengthening neighborhoods, and supporting economic mobility of DC residents. The plan includes action to transform Downtown into a lively, mixed-used urban center and introduces a new goal of bringing 15,000 new residents to Downtown by 2028.
The Fiscal Year 2024 Budget includes an updated Housing in Downtown program, which was informed by extensive stakeholder engagement. The details of this program can be found in the slide deck shared below.
Area of Eligibility (Map Open Data)
For questions concerning the Housing in Downtown program, please email Olivia Jovine, DMPED Program Manager, at [email protected].
- FY24 Budget Support Act Subtitle G - Housing in Downtown (pg. 19)
- Housing in Downtown Tax Abatement Act of 2022 (pg. 98)
- Housing in DC’s Comeback Plan: Our 2023-2027 Economic Development Strategy (pg. 23 to 27)
- DC's Comeback Plan
- Economic Development Strategy (pg. 23–27)
- Downtown Boundary Open Data
- Inclusionary Zoning