REQUEST FOR APPLICATION (RFA)
Release Date: Monday, January 23, 2023
Grant Identification No.: DMPED – FY23 GSRET
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2023 at 5:00 PM (ET).
The Great Streets Retail Small Business Grant is the hallmark grant opportunity for the Great Streets program. The grant has helped hundreds of small businesses renovate their storefront to attract new customers and drive profitability. The purpose of the grant is to support existing small businesses, attract new businesses, and transform designated commercial corridors into thriving and inviting neighborhood centers.
Request for Application (RFA) - Click here to view
- Have a business that is located within or along the border of a Great Street corridor
- Be in Good Standing with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), the DC Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), the DC Department of Employment Services (DOES), and the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Have an active Basic Business License
- Evidence of site control
- Possess proof of property and liability insurance
- Understand the scope of the proposed project (including timeline, costs, project management, and potential impact to the business, corridor, and community
- Have financial records readily available
- Must have a project budget and financial projections
How much does the grant award? Awards will range up to $80,000.
What can the grant money be used for? Storefront renovations, equipment purchases and technology enhancements to support e-commerce.
Are you located in one of the Great Streets Corridors? Insert your business address in the interactive mapping tool to verify.
- How do I know if my business is eligible for the Great Streets Small Business Retail Grant? Click here.
- FY23 Great Streets Retail Small Business Grant Application Checklist
Join us for an Information Session to learn more about the program and how to apply. Register here.
- Small Business Prospective Applicants: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 4:00PM - 5:00PM ( In-Person; Location: 3200 Martin Luther King Jr., Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20032)
- Small Business Prospective Applicants: Monday, January 30, 2023 – 12:00PM - 1:00PM (Virtual)
- Stakeholders: Friday, February 3, 2023 - 12:00PM - 1:00PM (Virtual)
To see if you are Great Streets Ready, please click here.
For all other questions, email [email protected]