The DMPED Real Estate Project Pipeline provides our stakeholders with real time updates on the status of real estate projects located across the District of Columbia.
Business Registration and Licensing
If your business is incorporated in or relocated to the District of Columbia, you will need to know the requirements for operating a business in the District of Columbia. The legal business structures of your company will define who owns the business and determine each unique tax structure. You should consult with a qualified tax professional and a lawyer to determine your business structure. To register your business and receive licensing, the following items must be obtained:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Certificate of Occupancy
- DC Business Tax Identification Number
- Clean Hands Certificate
- Basic Business License
- Business Trade Name Registration
- Other Licenses and Permits (Building, Public Space, Water & Sewer, Supplemental Systems Installation Permits)
Business Insurance is required for all businesses operating in the District of Columbia and is administered through the DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB). There are six types of business insurance:
- Workers' Compensation
- Group Health and Disability
- Business Property and Liability
- Commercial Auto
- Group Life and Key Person Life
- Home-based Business Insurance
For additional information, please contact the US Small Business Administration.
For more detailed information, please refer to the websites below.