Position Title: Program Analyst
Open To: Public
Open Period: October 4, 2019 — October 25, 2019
The District of Columbia’s Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) assists the Mayor in the coordination, planning, supervision, and execution of economic development efforts in the District of Columbia with the goal of creating and preserving affordable housing, creating jobs, and increasing tax revenue. More information is available on the DMPED’s website at www.dmped.dc.gov.
DMPED is seeking a Program Analyst for its Economic Intelligence Team. The Economic Intelligence team is responsible for providing analytical insight and assisting with DMPED’s internal and open-government data initiatives to help implement data-driven policymaking and engage in innovative economic development strategies. One of the team’s primary products is the Economic Intelligence dashboard, which can be found at: http://open.dc.gov/economic-intelligence.
The Program Analyst will serve on both ongoing analytical projects as well as ad hoc projects as needed. A successful Program Analyst should be comfortable working both within a small team and taking initiative on independent projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with multiple stakeholders and creating processes to track and manage economic impact data for government investments.Tracking and managing budget and financial data from budget development to execution. This includes both operating and capital budgets.
- Working with Deputy Chief of Staff and staff in Economic Development cluster agencies on initiatives to make government data more useful and insightful.
- Performing high-priority ad hoc data analysis / research projects as needed; independent data analysis projects as workload permits.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years similar work experience preferred.
- Desire to leverage skills to serve the public interest required; interest in local economic and community development preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and with relational databases is required.
- Prior experience with budget analysis of a government agency or similar size organization, and/or prior experience with economic impact modeling is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience building large databases is required.
- Experience managing complex projects, preferably projects involving data or finances, is preferred.
- Strong ability to interpret and communicate data; strong visual and analytical skills required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and outcome-driven, with demonstrated experience with managing stakeholders.
Salary: This position is a grade 12 on the District government’s non union career service salary scale. The salary ranges from $76,126 - $97,375. Actual salary is determined by a variety of factors including: years of experience, applicant qualifications, internal equity comparisons and agency organizational structure.
Application Process: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line title of Program Analyst – Economic Intelligence Team opportunity. All resumes must be submitted by October 25, 2019 for consideration.