Position Title: HR Associate
Open To: Public
Open Period: June 2, 2022 - June 9, 2022
The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) assists the Mayor in the coordination, planning, supervision, and execution of economic development efforts in the District of Columbia with the goal of creating and preserving affordable housing, creating jobs, and increasing tax revenue. More information is available on the DMPED’s website at dmped.dc.gov.
DMPED is seeking an HR Associate to support its human resources team. The incumbent will assist with the day to day support of the agency’s operations under general supervision.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the agency hiring process by assisting in the coordination of recruitment efforts;
- Assist in the interview process, administering the agency internship program and onboarding new personnel;
- Maintain the personnel filing system, ensuring all documents and records are filed appropriately while maintaining confidentiality;
- Assist in the research, development, and draft of operational processes and protocols;
- Assist with the coordination of employee engagement activities and events;
- Create, analyze and customize database reports;
- Assist with payroll management functions by ensuring that timesheets are entered, certified and approved punctually and efficiently;
- Prepare personnel actions for signature and approval;
- Update calendars and schedule meetings;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings by scheduling conference room, conference lines, and other requests;
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Provide administrative support for the HR Manager and other agency staff as requested;
- Process documents in accordance with established procedures and monitors to ensure completion. This may include performing basic mathematical calculations, proofreading information for completeness and quality, and correcting and updating data;
- Contribute to team effort by performing other related administrative duties as required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of similar work experience OR any combination of education and experience which exhibits the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position. Strong ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to resolve problems, conduct research, gather information, and make recommendations.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Skill in operating word processors (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and required formats is required.
Salary: This position is a grade 11 on the District Government’s career service pay scale. The salary ranges from $ 62,751- $ 80,900. Actual salary is determined by a variety of factors including: years of experience, applicant qualifications, internal equity comparisons, agency organizational structure and the applicant’s past salary history.
Application Process: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line title of “Operations and HR Associate Opportunity”. All resumes must be submitted by June 9, 2022 for consideration.