The work order program is designed to facilitate DC companies' access to the China market. DC China Center offers a range of "general services" to participating DC companies which are pre-screened and referred to the DC office by the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED). DC China Center will serve up to 25 work orders per year for DC businesses. Each work order may request up to three services and will receive up to 30 hours of free customized consulting services. The following professional customized services are included:
- Agent/ Rep/ Distributor Contacts
- Competitive Analysis/ Pricing Evaluation
- Foreign Company Background Check
- JV/ Alliance Partner Contacts
- Market Entry Strategy
- Market Overview/ Product Overview
- Marketing & Promotional Literature Review
Logistical Support (Trade Events and Travel)
- In-Country Appointment
- In-Country Logistics Assistance
- Trade Event Assistance
- Certifications/ Standards/ Regulatory Requirement
- Industry Contact/ Trade Shows
- Patent/ Copyright/ Trademark
- Trade Lead Assistance
DC China Center also provides executive office and seminar facilities. This an ideal location for business conferences and training.
- Five-star facility at a prestigious address Central location at People's Square
- Customizable room configurations
- High-speed wireless Internet access included
- Breakout areas and lounge
- Projector, printer, fax, scanners and copiers available
- Executive catering on request
- Continuous IT maintenance and support
- Secretarial services available
- Room available on demand by half-day or full-day and extended evening hours
- Competitive price and discount for long term partners
- Comfortable Turn Key or customizable office space
To complete an application, please see the DC China Work Order Application. Once your application is complete, please email it to [email protected].
If a company desires additional services beyond the 30 free hours of free work provided under the Work Order scope, the DC China Center can be contracted on an as need basis through a private, fee-for-service agreement with the company. Services are customizable, but generally expand upon services offered by the Work Order Program.
The Envoy program was created to provide low-cost services to American companies wanting to expand and gain a physical presence in the China market. Establishing a direct corporate presence internationally requires a great deal of specialized knowledge, local management and oversight. The services provided by DC China Center's Envoy Program helps DC companies build a high-performance, low cost, and low risk marketing and sales presence in China.
The Envoy services is ideal for companies who are one of the following:
- New to the China Market
- Established international companies who may not yet have enough China revenues to justify a full-time China office
- Established firms with existing China operations to share business center facilities
Envoy services provide the following value-added functions:
- A Knowledgeable, Informed Partner -- We have 15 years of experience helping companies penetrate the China market and provide continuous management oversight to insure a consistently high quality work product.
- Customized Solutions -- Each business works with the DC China Center Shanghai office to develop a work plan tailored to the needs and business strategy of their company.
- Representation at a Fraction of the Cost -- Envoy fees vary according to the required skill sets and the time commitment needed, however shared overhead and operational costs result in a very cost efficient and flexible value proposition for American companies.
- Minimized Risk -- Envoy representatives can serve as legal on-the-ground employees of the Shanghai office, thereby freeing DC companies from the legal obligations, costs and risks associated with owning foreign entities and hiring foreign nationals directly.