The DMPED Real Estate Project Pipeline provides our stakeholders with real time updates on the status of real estate projects located across the District of Columbia.
Grimke Redevelopment (1923 Vermont Avenue and 912 U Street, NW)
On June 4, 2014, the Government of the District of Columbia (the “District”), through the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (“DMPED”), issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to (1) rehabilitate and reuse the approximately 52,000 gross square foot historic Grimke School building located at 1923 Vermont Avenue, NW, (2) develop approximately 10,000 square feet of space inside the Grimke School building for use by the African American Civil War Museum (“AACWM”), (3) redevelop the approximately 9,500 square foot portion of the lot area behind the Grimke School building, and (4) redevelop an approximately 5,900 square foot vacant lot adjacent to the school at 912 U Street, NW in Ward 1. The RFP closed on August 28, 2014.
After careful deliberation and based on the evaluation criteria set forth in the RFP, the District selected a development team of Roadside Development & Sorg Architects to redevelop these sites. The development team’s proposal presentation for the community can be found below:
- Roadside/ Sorg Architects - Grimke Community Presentation
- Roadside/ Sorg Architects - Grimke Community Presentation Questions and Answers
- Grimke Community Presentation - Additional Questions and Answers
Grimke School, NW Land Surplus and Disposition
- PR21-0335 - Grimke School, N.W. Surplus Declaration and Approval Resolution of 2015
- PR21-0336 - Grimke School, N.W. Disposition Approval Resolution of 2015
Grimke School, NW Legislative Package