The SeVerna is a vital housing development opportunity and an important part of the New Communities Initiative's goal of providing high quality housing options for District residents. The District, along with its development partners, will deliver a total of approximately 190 new affordable and market-rate housing units at the SeVerna.
The project will be developed in 2 phases: Phase 1 - Multifamily Rental and Townhomes (60 Rental Units) and Phase 2 – Multifamily Rental and ground floor retail (approximately 130 Rental Units). In Phase 1, thirty (30) units of replacement housing for former Golden Rule Center and Temple Courts Apartments residents will be provided.
Bible Way Church, MissionFirst Development and Henson Development Company
• The District aims to break ground on Phase 1 in Summer 2010
• Construction of Phase 1 is expected to be completed in December 2011
• Building stabilization anticipated for June 2012
• Land area: 1.63 acres
• Phase 1: Multi-family and Townhome Rental (60 units)
• Phase 2: Multi-family (approximately 130 units)
Community Benefits and Civic Investments
• Much-needed housing units and replacement at affordable and market rate price ranges
• Close proximity to the new Walker Jones school, library and recreation center
• Improved connections between Mt. Vernon Square, NoMa and other surrounding communities